What's New in Vehicle Spy Version 3.4.13
- Hardware Acceleration for Real-Time, Deterministic Performance
- Message Transmit with Microsecond Accuracy - You can now create Transmit Messages and push the timing of the transmit into the real-time hardware for accuracy in the microseconds (ValueCAN3, neoVI-Yellow, neoVI-Red, neoVI-Fire).
- Function Block Scripts - You can now run Function Block Scripts automatically in the real-time hardware with accuracy in the microseconds. Stand-alone (no PC) is also supported.
- Replay Block Scripts - With pre-recorded data stored onto the 2GB SD-Card (neoVI-Fire, neoVI-Red, neoVI-Yellow), it is possible to replay messages with accuracy in the microseconds.
- neoVI-Server - Now you can use our hardware with two or more programs at the same time. Before, one piece of hardware could not be used by multiple software applications. Now, with neoVI-Server, you can use your neoVI or ValueCAN with two or more programs at the same time. For instance, use two copies of Vehicle Spy to access the same tool at the same time. You can also connect with one copy of Vehicle Spy and one or more connections via API for customer specific diagnostic tool support. The possibilities are endless.
- LIN Schedule Tables - You can now create and modify the LIN Schedule Table. To create the Schedule Table, just load the LDF database file and click on Create Schedule Table Function Blocks. This creates a script that mirrors the LIN Schedule Table. You can easily add messages to the LIN Schedule Table, and change the time between each message. When used with a neoVI-Red or Fire, Hardware Acceleration runs the Schedule Table in the hardware with accuracies within 10 us.
- LIN Master/Slave Simulation – Vehicle Spy can now simulate the Master or Slave as well, making Vehicle Spy a great tool for use with LIN, and Hardware Acceleration provides real-time performance. Master simulation can be done by simply loading the LDF database, then create your Schedule Table. When you go online, the schedule table and master simulation is provided by the Function Block made from the database’s schedule table. For neoVI-Red and Fires, this is downloaded to the neoVI and provided real-time.
- LIN Slave Simulation – Simulating a LIN Slave is simple too – just load the LDF, then use the Messages Editor and pick the slave response(s) you’d like to simulate. Right-click on each and copy them to the Transmit Table. From there, you can choose the data’s rate of change in the Transmit Panel, and change when the message happens using the Schedule Table script in the Function Block view.
- UDS / ISO 14229 Database – As part of our extensive examples, we now include a UDS/ISO 14229 database which allows you to easily receive and transmit messages in ISO 14229 format. Future upgrades will expand the use of ISO14229 format in our diagnostic functions such as VehicleScape, Diagnostics and Snapshot.
- J1939 DTC Monitor / Simulator – Vehicle Spy now has a new J1939 DTC Monitor / Simulator View. On this view you can monitor all J1939 DM1 messages as well as setup simulation ECUs to transmit any number of DM1 messages from any number of source addresses.
- J1939 Address Claim View - Vehicle Spy now has a new J1939 Address Claim View. On this view you can setup Vehicle Spy to automatically claim an address when it goes online with a CAN network and also see all other claimed addresses.
- J1939 RTS/CTS Transmit and Receive - To transmit or receive a J1939 long message with RTS/CTS, simply define a long message in the Messages Editor View, add the proper source and destination addresses along with the data to be transmitted and you are ready to transmit or receive destination specific messages.
- Embedded Datalogger Features
- Wakeup and drop no CAN Messages – The neoVI-Fire, neoVI-Red, and neoVI-Yellow products now have a feature to wakeup on CAN traffic and store or log the first message. Now you will miss no messages for your entire test even during wakeup.
- Advanced Pre-triggering - The neoVI-Fire, neoVI-Red, and neoVI-Yellow products allow long pre-triggering that are as long as 2GB.
- Stand-Alone Replay - You can not only store message data to the SD Card, you can also save a data file to the SD card and replay it with no PC attached.
- CCP (CAN Calibration) Features - You can now view and edit MAPS, CURVES, SCALARS, and MEASUREMENTS in engineering units, direct memory reads, or raw numbers.
For more details, contact Intrepid Control Systems for a demonstration geared toward your application.