What's New in Vehicle Spy Version 414
- C-Code Scripting Interface - You can now customize the functionality of Vehicle Spy with standard C-Code using the Free version of the Microsoft Visual C Compiler. Intrepid's C-Code interface offers the advantage of scripting in the world wide standard ANSI C language. The benefits to this approach include:
- Scripting in C enables your company to leverage the large community of trained software engineers familiar with C. There is no need to learn a language specific to a single tool.
- Scripting in C provides the ability to easily port the C-Code scripts to your embedded application as most microprocessor's compilers support the C-Language.
- Microsoft Visual Studio provides an advanced and easy to use debugging environment. Single-step debugging, variable watch, breakpoints and many other debugging features are supported.
- XCP and CCP Calibration Features - The XCP protocol is now supported in addition to CCP for real-time memory reading and editing. We also provide a complete C code XCP driver example. You can also use the XCP driver example as an XCP ECU simulation to try out Vehicle Spy's XCP functionality without an ECU. Click here for the free XCP driver and simulation. In addition to these features we have the following updates:
- Drag-and-drop setup for a stand alone CCP data logger. See the neoVI-Fire page for more info.
- Regular expressions in ASAP2 files are supported. e.g. Y=F(x)
- Tasking C167/ST10 floating point types supported in encoding and decoding
- Alternate addressing now supported for ASAP2 (A2L) MAP and CURVE types
- Support for external seed-and-key DLLs
- Simulator View (Restbussimulator) Now Supports J1939 Long Messages - One of the best-kept secrets of Vehicle Spy is the Simulator View, where you can simulate messages coming from or going to your ECU -- all you need is your database and Vehicle Spy. Now the Simulator View supports J1939 and long messages too.
- User Interface Features - Intrepid is continually improving Vehicles Spy's user interface and features. Here is a brief overview of the improvements made to v414.
- Post Analysis Horizontal Cursors – The post analysis software now provides horizontal cursors to enable you to easily visualize value thresholds.
- Bargraph in Signal Lists – In the Signal List View, you can now see the current value of a signal relative to its limits.
- Set Baud Rates and Switch Channels Within Function Blocks - You can now use the Set Value command to set data rates and switch channels via a Script Function Block.
- Fast Wake-Up Logging - You can now set your neoVI to wake up on CAN traffic, and catch even the first message (no dropped messages.) no other CAN logger in the world can make this claim.
- Messages View Speed - Intrepid has improved the method of printing to the screen. These improvements provide up to 5x faster screen updates and as much as 5x less processor utilization.
Policy | Contact
© 2005-2013 Intrepid Control Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.