Automotive Ethernet Tools
Hit the ground running with Intrepid’s full line of Automotive Ethernet tools!
Automotive Ethernet (AE) represents the latest challenge to the status quo in automotive networking. Many OEMs are now moving forward with this exciting new technology, which promises high performance at low cost, especially for infotainment applications.
Capturing Automotive Ethernet Frames
Automotive Ethernet traffic cannot be monitored using the same techniques employed for buses like CAN. Ethernet networks use star topology, so there is no single point to monitor an entire network. The sophisticated technology employed also means bit values cannot be interpreted directly from voltage levels. Finally, Ethernet hardware silently discards erroneous frames, making diagnosing problem conditions difficult.
Intrepid’s RAD-Galaxy is a multi-purpose Ethernet media converter, multi active-tap and ISO CAN-FD tool for Automotive Ethernet applications. Using the RAD-Galaxy, you can monitor both sides of up to 6 BroadR-Reach® / 100BASE-T1 connections in Active Tap mode or connect your laptop to 12 BroadR-Reach® / 100BASE-T1 networks the media converter mode. In addition to supporting Automotive Ethernet, the RAD-Galaxy supports 8 ISO CAN-FD networks, 1 LIN and a DoIP (Diagnostics over IP) channel.
• 6x Active Taps or 12x Media Converters
• 8x ISO CAN-FD channels
• 2x SW or LSFT CAN
• DoIP (Diagnostics over IP) activation
• Full size SD card for stand-alone logging
• 10ns Timestamp across all networks
• Automotive Power Supply (5 – 40V)
• Temperature Range (-40 to +85C)
• 1320ns latency
• Precision Time Protocol (PTP) Support
• Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Support
Intrepid’s RAD-Star 2 is a multi-purpose, dual Ethernet gateway for Automotive Ethernet applications. Using the RAD-Star 2, you can monitor both sides of a 100BASE-T1 (BroadR-Reach®) connection or connect your laptop to 100BASE-T1 (BroadR-Reach®) networks as a physical layer gateway. As a gateway to standard 8 wire Gigabit Ethernet, RAD-Star 2 makes any existing standard Ethernet device, laptop, or data logger compatible with 100BASE-T1 (BroadR-Reach®).
• Silently monitor the full duplex connection between a BroadR slave and BroadR master
• Capture all Ethernet Network Errors normally discarded by standard Ethernet MAC hardware
• Timestamp all Ethernet and CAN FD traffic at sub microsecond resolution for testing gateways
• Transmit host Ethernet frames to either master or slave device for in system ECU flashing or diagnostics
• Media converter that timestamps both CAN FD and Ethernet simultaneously
• Flexible design: FPGA based design allows updated Ethernet MAC designs for future Ethernet TSN standards
• Standalone mode for creating own Ethernet/CAN FD gateways using a real time scripting language
The inexpensive, pocket-sized RAD-Moon easily interfaces conventional Ethernet with BroadR-Reach. Powered by USB, it allows you to communicate directly between a PC and an AE ECU.
• 1 Port BroadR-Reach® PHY (BCM89810) connected directly to one port of 4-wire 10/100 Mb PHY
• Powered via USB
• Master/slave auto-configuration
• Activity Link LEDs for both PHYs
• Molex Mini 50 connector for BroadR-Reach® PHY
• RJ-45 connector for 10/100 Mb PHY
• Compact for portability
• Rugged extruded aluminum enclosure
Vehicle Spy Now Supports Automotive Ethernet
Intrepid’s Vehicle Spy 3 software now analyzes and saves Automotive Ethernet data. You can view CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet and video data on one screen, time-aligned with an accuracy of 10 ns. Examine live data and load data logger captures to see when a test operator pressed a trigger button, synchronized with video frame captures and Automotive Ethernet frames.
Automotive Ethernet - The Definitive Guide
Your go-to reference book for Automotive Ethernet. This expansive volume explains how industry-standard Ethernet technology has been adapted via Broadcom’s new BroadR-Reach® standard to bring Ethernet hardware, and applications that run upon it, to the automotive world. Includes foreword by Bob Metcalfe, inventor of Ethernet.
Topics Covered Include:
- Switch Technology
- Real-Time Protocols
- Audio Video Bridging
- IEEE Physical Layers
- Electromagnetic Compatibility & More
Ethernet Experimentation & Evaluation Board
Intrepid’s Ethernet EVB is the ideal way to learn all about Automotive Ethernet. Equipped with two scriptable BroadR-Reach nodes, this package comes with Intrepid’s acclaimed Automotive Ethernet book and a lab manual full of hands-on tutorials to get you up to speed fast!