RAD-GigalogLog Everything! 6+ Terabytes of Vehicle Data
Today’s autonomous vehicles are capable of generating gigabytes of data per second. To test and verify these vehicles it essential to be able to record large amounts of data at high speed.
For these applications, Intrepid Control Systems introduces the RAD-Gigalog, which allows you to record multi-gigabit data streams with up to 6+ terabytes of history. This means video or radar streams can be recorded for hours, while traditional high-bandwidth CAN networks could be captured and preserved for years!
- High-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GBASE-T) interface
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet interface
- USB 3 for data offload and configuration via rugged USB-C connector
- USB 2 host for neoVI MIC2 / RAD-Moon / RAD-SuperMoon accessories
- Programmable membrane label with LEDs to show network status
- 8x ISO CAN FD channels
- 2x FlexRay receive-only channels
- Up to 12 TB of storage (12x parallel full-sized SD cards)
- Supercapacitor power failure protection
- Low power: 18W (1.5A @ 12V)
- Time synchronization with other Intrepid tools and autonomous logger systems (PTP)
- High speed serial interface input and output supporting TI FPD-Link III or Maxim GMSL for direct camera or sensor connection, simulation and tapping
Applications – Log Everything!
- Ethernet logging
- CAN logging
- Long-term XCP logging
- Aurora trace logging
- Autonomous controller logging
- Machine learning data collection
- Camera/radar tapping
USB 3.1 Gen1 (5 Gb/s) provides high-speed offload, while a USB 2 high-speed host port allows the connection of Intrepid accessories, such as the RAD-Moon (100BASE-T1) or RAD-SuperMoon (1000BASE-T1) media converters or neoVI MIC2 GPS/Trigger. FPD-Link III and GMSL input and output provide direct connections to cameras and radar sensors.
The device can be powered from either the barrel jack or the HD-26 vehicle connector. The HD-26 connector carries the RAD-Gigalog’s 8 ISO CAN FD channels and 2 FlexRay receive channels, while two RJ-45 jacks are provided for 10G and 10/100/1000 Ethernet.
LED bargraphs on both sides of the case let you easily see how much storage space is left in the RAD-Gigalog.