neoOBD 2 LCLow-Cost Open Platform OBD Interface for Automotive IoT
You know IOT, and Intrepid knows how to get automotive data. The neoOBD 2 LC is the key to combining these knowledge areas. Getting automotive data in a form ready for IoT has never been easier.
- Up to 4x CAN FD
- Up to 1x SW CAN
- Up to 1x LIN / K-Line
- Choose from the following three Wireless Modules:
- ARM Cortex M4 Wi-Fi to host your WiFi IoT application
- ARM Cortex M4 Bluetooth Low Energy MCU to host your BLE IoT application
- NB-IoT / LTE-M1 LPWA cellular modem with built-in GNSS engine
- Intrepid’s secure API provides complete access to all vehicle network data from Wireless MCUs
- neoOBD2 SDK with sample projects and documentations available for AWS IoT
- The Wi-Fi MCU is compatible with most IoT platforms in the market including AWS IoT, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and IBM Watson
- General purpose engineering tool for OBD, enabling a wide array of applications such as data logging, simulation and gatewaying
- Prototype new cybersecurity solutions for vehicle networks
- Unique configurable OBDII pin design through NeoVI Universal Connector (NUC) architecture
- ELM327 and other UART-based OBDII chipset protocol emulation
- Optional 9-axis Inertial Measurement Unit
- Optional RTC with Battery
Open Wireless MCUs with Full Access to Vehicle Networks
The neoOBD 2 LC is designed to be an open platform wireless OBD2 adapter. It features three options for wireless connectivity. ARM Cortex M4 Wi-Fi, Bluetooth BLE MCU, and NB-IoT / LTE-M1 LPWA cellular modem with built-in GPS. You have complete access to raw vehicle network data within these modules, via secure APIs that interface to Intrepid’s proven CAN, LIN, and KLINE drivers. You have the ability to provide the vehicle network data over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth BLE, and NB-IoT / LTE-M1 cellular modem to the Internet and other mobile devices.
- OBD 2 interface to Wi-Fi, BLE, and NB-IoT / LTE-M1
- OBD 2 interface to automotive IoT platforms and proprietary servers
- Create your own OBD 2 interface with Internet and Bluetooth connections
- Stream vehicle network data in realtime over the air
- Secure OBD gateway for OEMs
- General purpose PC interface for CANFD, LIN, and KLINE using Vehicle Spy 3
The Freedom to Create your own Automotive IoT Solution
The Texas Instruments SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3220SF Wi-Fi module inside the neoOBD 2 LC is compatible with popular IoT platforms, such as AWS IoT, Microsoft Azure IoT, IBM Watson IoT, and any other platforms and servers based on secure protocols such as HTTPS, SSL/TLS and MQTT. The neoOBD2 SDK provides examples and documentations to help you get started with your next automotive IoT project.
Vehicle Spy Application Software
Intrepid’s Vehicle Spy software fully supports the neoOBD 2 LC. With Vehicle Spy, users can monitor and transmit on all neoOBD 2 LC networks simultaneously. Vehicle Spy is required to configure standalone mode. Users can take advantage of the powerful interface to load databases and to write and debug scripts before downloading them to the device.
Standalone Logging, Scripting, Gateways and Simulation
In addition to working as a PC interface, the neoOBD 2 LC can operate in standalone mode. It can run real-time scripts, log data to internal flash memory, and simulate ECUs and gateways. These features also make it possible to run a script to reflash ECUs using data from flash memory.