Training Video LibraryLearn on Your Own Schedule
What’s New in Vehicle Spy
- What’s New in Vehicle Spy 3.7.1 (3:17)
This video announces support for the neoVI FIRE 2, CAN FD, TCP/IP View, a DBC Compare Utility, and more.
- What’s New in Vehicle Spy 3.7 (6:37)
This video explains the new features in Vehicle Spy 3.7, including Automotive Ethernet support, video, maps, and more.
- What’s New in Vehicle Spy 3.6 (5:30)
This video covers what’s new in Vehicle Spy 3.6.
Getting Started with Vehicle Spy
- Connecting to a Vehicle and Getting Started with Vehicle Spy (12:10)
Learn the first steps in setting up hardware baud rates and some basic features of Vehicle Spy 3 using CAN.
- Licensing Vehicle Spy and Logging in for the First Time (3:46)
Learn about Vehicle Spy licensing and how to log on for the first time.
- Navigating Vehicle Spy (4:04)
A basic overview of the architecture of Vehicle Spy and how to use docking windows.
- Capturing Vehicle Activity (30:30)
A start-to-finish walkthrough on how to capture, playback and analyze vehicle activity using Intrepid’s neoVI line of standalone data loggers.
What Can I Do with Vehicle Spy?
- Viewing Vehicle Network Activity (15:24)
Messages View is the most commonly used feature of Vehicle Spy. This video covers the basic details of viewing vehicle network traffic, as well as decoding signals and saving data to your hard drive.
- Converting Many Network Messages into Meaningful Engineering Signals Using a Database (4:49)
Vehicle Spy supports many types of databases that describe vehicle networks. Here we describe how to configure Vehicle Spy with your database files (DBC, UEF, etc).
- Converting Individual Network Messages into Meaningful Engineering Signals (9:02)
If you are not working with vehicle network databases, or if you need to correct database information, this video will show you how to decode raw vehicle network data.
- Creating Live Dashboard Views (Graphical Panels) (14:40)
Learn how to create and use Graphical Panels in Vehicle Spy to build custom user interfaces. Simulation features are covered, including changing and transmitting messages.
- Viewing Decoded Vehicle Activity on a Real-Time Graph (6:18)
Signals View enables you to view decoded vehicle network data in real time.
- Interacting with Electronic Control Units using Transmit Messages (5:40)
This video covers the basics of how to transmit messages, which is often done for debugging and simulating vehicle networks.
- Simulating Electronic Control Units (Restbus simulator) (6:52)
Learn how to use the ECU Simulator in Vehicle Spy. This covers Restbus simulation functionality that is provided from information contained in a CAN database file.
- Gaining Insight into Your Design with Vehicle Spy’s Post-Analysis Features (9:36)
Post Analysis functionality in Vehicle Spy allows you to review prerecorded data files and plot signals over time, as well as create histograms and X/Y plots.
- Reverse Engineering Raw Network Data (15:54)
If you do not have a database file from the maker of a vehicle or network, this video will help you to reverse-engineer the content of messages on the network.
- Recording Vehicle Network Activity PC-Free (21:02) Download video (.zip)
Learn how to set up the neoVI FIRE and neoVI RED for standalone data logging, including logging with CCP.
- Performing Intelligent Parking Lot Reflashing (2:18) Download video (.zip)
We explain how the neoVI RED or neoVI FIRE can be used for smart parking lot flashing (handheld software download tool).
- Exporting Captured Vehicle Activity to a Data File (12:10)
In this video we explore the different ways to stream network data to disk, and save files with decoded signal values.
- Creating Simple Function Block Programs to Interact with the Vehicle (13:19)
Learn how to create and use Function Blocks, Vehicle Spy’s simple, mouse-driven step-by-step scripting language designed for non-programmers.
Vehicle Spy Advanced Features
- Monitoring and Simulating a LIN Network (17:41) Download video (.zip)
This video explains how to use Vehicle Spy with the neoVI FIRE and neoVI RED for LIN Monitoring and master/slave simulation. It also covers the use of LIN LDF databases.
- Creating Advanced Function Block Programs to Interact with the Vehicle (26:28)
This video expands upon the simple Function Block video above, exploring more advanced capabilities of this powerful scripting feature.
- Getting Started with Vehicle Spy’s C Code Interface (12:25)
This video covers the basics of how to use the C Code interface within Vehicle Spy.
- Memory Editing and Monitoring Using XCP and CCP (Overview) (21:51) Download video (.zip)
An overview of how to implement an ECU driver for XCP using the Intrepid C Code XCP driver, A2L (ASAP2) Editor, and Vehicle Spy. If you are new to XCP or CCP and want to get an overview of the process involved in creating an ECU with XCP or CCP support, this video is for you.
- Memory Editing and Monitoring Using XCP and CCP (Features) (17:03)
This video explains the features in Vehicle Spy that allow you to measure and edit the internal memory of an ECU over CCP or XCP.
- Creating a Simple A2L (ASAP2) File (18:55)
Learn how to create a simple A2L (ASAP2) file from an embedded compiler’s output (IEEE 695 or ELF).
- Creating a Complex A2L (ASAP2) File (16:17)
Create more complex ASAP2 characteristics using the Intrepid A2L Creator. Examples of more complex characteristics include Curves and Maps. In this video we also cover the VERB_TAB and RECORD_LAYOUT properties of these items.
- Sending and Receiving ISO15765-2 Messages (4:46)
An overview of how to send and receive ISO15765-2 messages.