Vehicle Spy Enterprise
- Automotive Ethernet
- CAN FD
- Diagnostics over IP (DoIP)
- ISO14229 (UDS)
- CCP / XCP
- J1979 (OBD)
- Automotive Ethernet:
- AVB / TSN (including PTP)
- TCP/IP Suite (IP, TCP, UDP, ARP, and more)
- Ethernet VLAN tagging
One Tool — Many Tasks
Vehicle Spy Enterprise is a single tool that enables you to perform diagnostics, node/ECU simulation, data acquisition, automated testing, memory edit/calibration, and vehicle network bus monitoring. Vehicle Spy is designed with one thing in mind: your productivity; it was created to be easy to use, with a low learning curve. Except for certain customer-specific features, all the functionality available in Vehicle Spy Enterprise is offered at a single low price.
The possible applications for Vehicle Spy are too numerous to list, but here are a few of the more common ones:
- Bus Monitoring: Vehicle Spy’s bus monitoring functionality allows you to view, save, and analyze message traffic from multiple networks simultaneously, including CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet and other supported networks. Industry standard .DBC and .LDF files are supported, as well as .UEF and other customer specific formats. We also offer a free LDF tool.
- Simulation: Vehicle Spy has long supported ECU or network node simulation (often called restbus simulation) and can be used together with Graphical Panels and Scripting to create setups for customer-specific functionality. Playback Function Blocks can also be used to replay prerecorded CAN, LIN or other network traffic back onto a live bus.
- Data Acquisition: Data logging with real-time signal views and post-analysis of data files provides you with a complete data acquisition and analysis solution. We also offer standalone embedded data logging hardware.
- Diagnostics: Whether you are using J1939, GMLAN, ISO 14229 or your own custom diagnostic protocol, you can set up and execute custom scripts and diagnostic jobs with custom Graphical Panels to perform nearly any diagnostic task. Scripts written in Vehicle Spy’s Function Block language can also be downloaded to our real-time embedded hardware and executed in real time. Support for industry standard .ASAP2 and .ODX files is included. Be sure to check out our free ODX viewer.
- Memory Edit / Calibration: Vehicle Spy contains all of the functionality you need for editing your ECU’s memory using the CAN Calibration Protocol (CCP) or Universal Measurement and Calibration Protocol (XCP). Support is provided for ASAP2 (A2L) files, as well as memory edit controls for Values, Curves, and Maps. A complete ASAP2 file creator is also included with Vehicle Spy.
Vehicle Spy Views and Panels
Vehicle Spy’s many functions are carefully organized into panels or views. You can quickly switch between Vehicle Spy functions by clicking on tabs for a panel/view, or by selecting them from the appropriate menus. Here are some of the more commonly-used Vehicle Spy views and panels:
- Messages View: See all messages on all active buses and and signals within them. Some key features of Messages View are fast filtering and activity highlighting.
- Messages / Database Editor View: Vehicle Spy includes a built-in database and message editing facility. To create or edit messages you can go to the Messages Editor and make the necessary changes to messages and signals; this can often be done while Vehicle Spy is left online.
- Transmit Panel: Transmit any kind of message manually, or set up a periodic transmission rate. Expressions can also be entered to automatically change the data in a transmit message.
- Graphical Panels: Create a custom user interface to view bus data the way you need it, transmit messages, and interact with scripts and other parts of Vehicle Spy.
- Signals List: Display the latest values of a list of selected signals.
- Post Analysis: View CAN, LIN, or other network signals along with raw message data, analyze events and data values and patterns.
- MEP Setup: Select an ASAP2 (A2L) file for CCP or XCP and set up options for calibration. Interact with lists of ASAP2 Maps, Curves, Values and Measurements.
- Function Blocks: Function Blocks use a simple mouse-driven step-by-step language to allow Vehicle Spy to be easily scripted even by those with no background in programming. These scripts can also be downloaded to our network adapters and data loggers for real-time execution. Standalone scripts run without the need for a PC and can be used for message gatewaying, handheld flashing, data logging, and much more.
- Diagnostics Setup: Built-in diagnostics support enables you to set up and execute diagnostic jobs and save your results for later analysis.
PC System Requirements
- 32-bit or 64-bit Windows XP SP31 / Vista1 / 7 / 8.X2 / 10
- At least 256 MB system RAM
- Intel Celeron 1 GHz
- XGA (1024x768) screen resolution
- neoVI vehicle network adapter (FIRE 2, ION, PLASMA, FIRE/RED), ValueCAN device (ValueCAN3) or supported Automotive Ethernet hardware (such as the RAD-Galaxy, RAD-Star 2 or Ethernet EVB).
- 32-bit or 64-bit of Windows 7 / 8.X2 / 10
- 2 GB or more of system RAM
- 2.1 GHz or faster processor
- 1080p (1920x1080) or higher screen resolution
- neoVI vehicle network adapter (FIRE 2, ION, PLASMA, FIRE/RED), ValueCAN device (ValueCAN3 or ValueCAN.rf) or supported Automotive Ethernet hardware (such as the RAD-Galaxy, RAD-Star 2 or Ethernet EVB).
1 Some Ethernet features are not supported with these versions of Windows, but the software is otherwise compatible.
2 Windows RT is not supported by Vehicle Spy.
Optional PC System Components
- Audio card
- GPS Unit with NMEA RS232 Interface
- PC joystick